The Larchmont Business Improvement District has put out a call for artists and is seeking submissions for a Los Angeles-based artist to create artwork for two utility boxes in Larchmont Village. The chosen artist will receive a $500 stipend for final designs.
Guidelines for the project include:
– No cartoon images or graffiti work of any kind will be considered
– Please base submissions off of the included Larchmont Village architectural watercolor
– Media may include painting, text art, illustration, photography, collage
– Selected artist will receive $500 for compensation for final designs submitted as Illustrator files with the correct resolution/specs for the printer for 2 utility boxes
– Utility boxes will have Larchmont Village BID logo placed on them as an identifier
– The scope and placement of the logo will be worked out with the selected artist to not disrupt the selected design
– Artwork will be printed on 3M vinyl and will be professionally installed
– Exhibition will be for a minimum of one year
For more information and a handy online submission form, see https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VLEGeRu9PvZNxEjpPJWpFq1bIWmVTTs_JC4WEKLeW-c/viewform
The submission deadline is December 8, 2015.