School starts for our local LAUSD schools tomorrow (Tuesday, August 15), so neighborhood traffic will once again swell to school-year levels, including – inevitably – at least a bit of first-day congestion and confusion near our local campuses at drop-off and pickup times.
To help make sure everyone knows how local subway construction will affect our streets on this big day, here’s a rundown of Metro’s current activity, including lane reductions and other restrictions:
Wilshire Blvd./Bronson Ave. & Wilshire Blvd./Tremaine Ave. – Instrumentation Work
- Bronson Ave. will be closed just south of Wilshire Blvd. on Monday and Tuesday.
- Access to Bronson Ave. will be maintained from 6th St. 7am-6pm, Monday—Tuesday.
- Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to two lanes between Tremaine Ave. and Rimpau Blvd., 9am-3:30pm, Monday—Friday.
Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave. – Excavation and Utility Work
Excavation from behind the closure at Wilshire Blvd./Sycamore Ave. and from the staging yards at Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave.
- Wilshire Blvd./Sycamore Ave. intersection will be restricted intermittently from 9am-3:30pm on Monday.
- Through traffic will be restricted on Sycamore Ave. at Wilshire Blvd.
- Left turns will be restricted from Sycamore Ave. to Wilshire Blvd.
- The west leg crosswalk will be closed. Pedestrians will be redirected to La Brea Ave.
Wilshire Blvd./Cloverdale Ave. – Pot Holing & Jet Grouting Preparation
- Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Cochran Ave. and Detroit St.
- Left turns will be restricted form eastbound Wilshire Blvd. to northbound Detroit St. intermittently 9am-3:30 pm., Monday–Friday.
For more information, including further information on construction work next weekend, see https://www.metro.net/projects/notices/notice_purpleline_021717/ and/or call Metro’s 24-hour construction hotline at (213) 922-6934. Also, to find out how the Metro work will affect local bus service and stops, call (323) GO-METRO or visit https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/.