Ready to catch some holiday spirit, but not quite feeling it yet? Come on out to shop local on Larchmont Boulevard, Saturday November 28th, and support Small Business Saturday at the Larchmont Boulevard Association (LBA) – sponsored Holiday Open House. You can revel in the festive decorations lining the boulevard, marvel at the holiday window displays, and let your ears be filled with holiday cheer as you listen to carolers who will travel the Boulevard between First Street and Beverly Boulevard.
In your quest to fulfill everyone’s wish list, hop aboard the Larchmont Boulevard Association (LBA) -sponsored trolley, or charter bus, and head north on Larchmont. Stop off at the Wilshire Rotary Christmas Tree Lot, or head all the way on up to Melrose, to visit the merchants on the north end of the boulevard. Choose your tree, wreath and garlands at the tree lot – they’ll even have them delivered right to your home! Stay tuned…you may even catch a glimpse of Santa there! (Note: The trolley and the bus will both pick up and drop off between 208 and 209 N. Larchmont Blvd. (near the City parking lot with the Rotary Clock), in front of the Wilshire Rotary Tree Lot, and will continue all the way up to Melrose. Both the trolley and the bus will be running this loop from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
Here’s a sampling of the festivities and special offerings for the day…
– The Larchmont Village Business Improvement District (BID) will distribute Larchmont Village posters and calendar magnets, created using the signature Larchmont Village watercolor that appears on the sides of the Big Bellies garbage cans found on the boulevard.
– Pickett Fences , 214 N. Larchmont Boulevard, will serve holiday treats from Susie Cakes.
– Ampersand Boutique , 658 N. Larchmont Blvd., will offer 20% off of almost everything in the store to folks coming off the LBA shuttles on Small Business Saturday.
– Rhodes School of Music , located at 606 N. Larchmont Blvd., Suite 100, will offer 30% off the first month of lessons.
– Spend $300 on massage gift cards at Healing Hands, 414 N. Larchmont Blvd., and receive a $120 gift card free.
– Hans Custom Optik , 212 N. Larchmont Blvd., will offer 20% off of all sunglasses and eyeglass frames.
– Devall Design Home , 562 N. Larchmont Blvd., will serve holiday treats and offer 10% off all purchases.
– Larchmont Sanctuary Spa , at 331 N. Larchmont Blvd. , will serve champagne, hot cider, snacks, and will offer a 15% discount on services and gift certificates purchased that day to all shoppers with Larchmont and Hancock Park Zip Codes.
– Swing by Snooknuk , 506 N. Larchmont Blvd., and receive 15% off on your entire purchase including Food, Retail & Play Pass packages. Also take advantage of a special offering of 20%-off Birthday Party Packages with the mention of LBA’s Small Business Saturday Specials. (Birthday party bookings can be anytime between December 2015 and March 2016. )
– Chevalier’s Books , 126 N. Larchmont Blvd., will have a rotating schedule of honorary booksellers – authors and librarians who will recommend books, sign their books, or just chat. Also, Chevalier’s will be partnering with The Book Truck, a fantastic non-profit organization that provides carefully chosen books to underserved teens throughout LA. The truck will be parked outside the store all day on November 28th, giving you the opportunity to purchase and donate books from Chevalier’s to fulfill the truck’s “Wish List.”
– CH Boutique , 130 N. Larchmont Blvd., will serve wine and cheese, plus offer 10% off all regular priced clothing and purses. (Note: one day only.)
– Village Heights , 122 1/2 N. Larchmont Blvd., will serve holiday treats and “cheer” throughout the day.
NOTE: This story was updated on 11/25/2015, to include new details on the trolley and charter bus route for Saturday, November 28th. Both will be running as far north as Melrose Ave., on Larchmont Boulevard.