Ready for some fabulous Spring biking, and earning your angel wings in the process? Check out these two great events on April 16th at Flywheel on Larchmont, and on April 24th at the beach in Santa Monica. Ready, Set, Register!
1. Earn Your Wings at Flywheel Larchmont
Date: Saturday, April 16th
Time: 1:00 p.m. Check-in. Ride begins at 1:30 p.m.
Address: 147 N. Larchmont Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90004
You are invited to “Earn Your Wings” at Flywheel Larchmont, with a special class led by Emily Recht. Check in at 1:00 p.m., and get those pedals pumping with the ride beginning at 1:30 p.m. Every registered bike feeds a senior for two weeks. VIP level seats feed a senior for one full month.
Click Here to Register Now
For “Earn Your Wings” at Flywheel Larchmont!
2. 21st Annual STVMOW Bike-A-Thon & Beach Walk
Date: Sunday, April 24th
Time: 8:00 a.m. Check-in. Walk/Ride begins at 9:00 a.m.
Address: Beach Park 1 Santa Monica – 2600 Barnard Way, Santa Monica, CA 90405
Join St. Vincent Meals on Wheels Founder Sister Alice Marie Quinn, and Host Fred Savage, for a lovely morning bike ride or walk at the beach. Bring the whole family, including the dogs! This very family friendly event is a 3.7 mile walk, or a 10 mile bike ride along the beautiful Santa Monica beach bike path. It begins and ends at Beach Park 1, where there will be a raffle with fabulous items, and delicious food to follow. Can’t wait to see you there!
Both of these fun events support St. Vincent Meals on Wheels mission of raising funds to prepare and deliver nutritious meals to homebound seniors and other vulnerable residents across Los Angeles. STVMOW serves anyone in need who lives within the organization’s service area, regardless of age, illness, disability, race, religion or ability to pay.
Click Here to Register Now
for the “21st Annual STVMOW Bike-A-Thon& Beach Walk”!
For more information on these two events, please contact STVMOW Executive Director, Daryl Twerdahl, 213-484-7112, or email email@example.com.
By holding smaller events, such as these, throughout the year, St. Vincent Meals on Wheels offers the community more opportunities to get involved and make a difference.
“I am so proud of the work St. Vincent Meals on Wheels can do in the community. We love our seniors and are honored to deliver food and love to them every day. We hope you will join us in our efforts to keep seniors happy and in their homes, served with the compassion they deserve,” commented Daryl Twerdahl, Executive Director of Development for St. Vincent Meals on Wheels.
Register now to participate in one, or both of these events… You’ll be so glad you did!
Here are some fun facts you may, or may not know about St. Vincent Meals on Wheels…
- St. Vincent Meals On Wheels, the largest privately funded senior nutrition organization of its kind in the country, serves nearly 3,500 meals a day. The meals are prepared daily in the 16,000 square foot, state-of-the-art kitchen located near downtown Los Angeles. Annually, over 1 million meals are prepared and delivered to people in Los Angeles, including homebound senior citizens, disabled and terminally ill patients and homeless adults and children.
- It costs $7.85 to prepare & deliver a hot meal, a cool drink and a caring visit to a homebound senior.
- STVMOW’s 38 Delivery trucks drive 775 miles a day to serve meals to homebound Angelenos.
- More than 300 volunteers serve the hungry, including many students and adults who come to work in the kitchen, drive delivery vans or deliver meals to clients’ tables.
- Several corporations and individuals “adopt” routes, which pay for about 30 client meals on a weekly, monthly or annual basis.
Source: STVMOW Factsheet, kindly provided by STVMOW Media Contact: Rita Hollingsworth/RMH Media.
For more information on St. Vincent Meals on Wheels, and all the good they do, please visit: www.stvincentmow.org.
2303 Miramar Street
Los Angeles, CA 90057