In honor of April being National Poetry Month, the Larchmont Buzz, Chevalier’s Books and The Hatchery Press have created a Larchmont Village Poetry Contest. We hope you will take this opportunity to find what inspires you and have fun!
Here are the details…
- Open Form, 20 lines or less
Any subject – open to your imagination.
- 12 & Under
- 13 – 17
- 18 & Up
May 6, 2016
WAYS TO SUBMIT:
1. E-mail your poem to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please include “Poetry Submission” in the subject line
* Include Poem Title, Your Name, Age, and Contact Information in the body of the e-mail, along with the text of your poem.
2. Drop hard copy in boxes located at:
- Chevalier’s Books: 126 N. Larchmont Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90004
- The Hatchery Press: 601 N. Larchmont Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90004
* Include Poem Title, Your Name, Age, and Contact Information, along with the poem text.
- Submissions are limited to one per person for each category.
- You may enter one or both categories.
- Your submission must include: Poem Title, Your Name, Age, and Contact Information, along with the poem text.
* Judging will take place – by representatives of the three sponsoring organizations – during the week following the May 6th deadline.
* Winning poems will be announced and published in the Larchmont Buzz.
* Prizes will include poetry anthologies and gift certificates from our sponsors.